Saturday, October 14, 2006

My second ride with my single speed

Today was my second ride with the single speed. I took her out to bike shop because I needed to pick up bigger cog and a stem to complete her. I also put on a set of Hutchinson Chameleon tires and a longer stem today.

She was definitely a different beast. It was easier to ride with the new tires and a longer stem. The 16 tooth cog was a little taller than I thought it would be. I have to mash the gear, and I loved the sensation. I am a masher, not a spinner. The single speed totally fits my riding style on the up hill. I enjoyed every moment of it. Although my thighs were issuing warning signals a few times and I had to give in to their demands. Only time will make my thigh stronger again.

The bike was a blast to ride. I look forward taking her out tomorrow again. We will be heading out to Burnaby Mountain tomorrow for some off road fun!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home