Monday, September 11, 2006

Granville Bridge







I took these pictures on September 7th, 2006 around 7:30pm on Granville Bridge in Vancouver BC. I was waiting for a friend to join me for small ceremony to begin the next chapter of our live.It was his idea that we should meet up that night on the bridge beck and toss our wedding into the abyss.

He arrived at 7:55pm as I was smoking a petit corona and having a drink of my Crown Royal. At 8pm, he said a breif passage and tossed his ring over his shoulder. He didn't bother looking and it fell into the water without hitting boater.

I was next. I didn't say much, except I tossed mine over the shoulder. I turned around and looked. I wanted to make sure that it really went down. I took another sip of my Crown Royal and another drag of cigar. I was glad that is over and we headed off to the pub for the September Kilts night.

I didn't have lots of emotion that night. I was kinda numb. But it was nice to have friends like him. I didn't feel alone or isolated. I had a pint and lots of pub food before I headed home.

It had been a few days after I tossed my ring. I feel pretty good. I feel like that a big baggage had been lifted off my shoulder. I no longer feel the weight of my marriage. I started to see my life with more clarity. I have become more honest about myself and how I want to live my life. I tried to make it work but I couldn't.

I am going to live my life the way I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home