Sunday, September 03, 2006

Giving up is hard to do

Giving up. Letting go. Surrendering. Switching. Done with it. No More.

I never thought that I would use any of those words with mountain biking. I am giving up mountain biking and I am planning to switch my focus on road riding in the next few years. I need a change of pace and there isn't that places that I want to ride any more. I have done XC riding and racing. I have doen freeriding/downhilling with either a hardtail and a full blown full suspension north shore specific bike. I just don't find any of those riding interesting anymore. I don't have movtivation to load up my wagon and head off the hills. I am tired of spending countless hours adjusting the brakes, deraillers and wheels. I am tired of cleaning up the bikes.

I am switching to road cycling. I love to climb and riding on the road is the easiest and the qucikest way for me to regain my form. I can regain my form in less than 6 months. Besides, a light machine is sexy. It is a lot easier to get in a rhytmn on a climb with a road bike. I enjoy the endless climbs. I like to sit for a few minutes and pedal out of saddle for 2 minutes. It is nothing like watching the road disappearing underneath the tire.

I am planning to get something nice and have only 3 bikes from now on: a road bike, a cyclocross bike and a commuter.

It is time to make a change.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger pilgrimchick said...

Good luck on this project. Whenever life has seemed endless and drudge-like for me, or whenever something tough has happened in my life, I usually take on something new, too. Recently, that has been painting for me. At least you hae a previous knowledge of cycling in some form--I'm stuck flying blind, and let me tell you, it's more than noticeable.
I hope that things have started to settle a little in your life as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home