Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A leather kilt?

It is not a secret that I love to wear the kilt. I have been wearing kilts for the last few years and I never have liked the idea of leather kilt. However, the idea of strapping a leather kilt around my waist is growing on me. I am indeed interested in ordering a leather kilt.

As you know, there are more thant a few changes in my life right now and I need to do a few things to embrace my new life. I have been living a fairly standard suburban life. A leather kilt feels like a good idea right now. Yes, it is expensive. It is as expensive as a hand sewn traditional kilt, but I think it is worth it. I want a handsewn tradition as well, but I don't get to go to fancy party all that much in a year. I bet a leather kilt will get more use than a handsewn wool kilt. Besides, I do have a wild side and a leather kilt will help me to unleash it again.

The picture on this blog is from R-Kilt in Strafford, Ontario. He had created some of the best looking kilt in Canada. When I am ready to order, my leather kilt will come from R-Kilt. It will be custom tailored to my measurement. It is likely that I will order it without the cargo pockets. I love the cargo pockets on my Utilikilt, but I want this one to have a more traditional look. I will most likely use a belt pooch to hold my wallet and other related junk.

Many people have said that a man in a kilt is a man and a half. I wonder what people would say about a man in a leather kilt?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home