Sunday, October 22, 2006

Gym goers who don't like to walk

I don't understand the mentality of some of the people who go to the gym for work out. They look to me that they will only do their work outs in the gym and they try to do less when they are in the real world.

I have seen too many gym goers who try to find parking that are closest to their gyms. WTF? As if they are saving their energy for the gym and don't want to waste it by walking an extra 5 minutes. Last Friday, I took the elevator to my office instead of walking up 5 floor worth of stairs because I was tired and exhausted from a week of heavy activities. A gym goer at the elevator commented to me that 5 floors worth of stairs are hard to do. I always took the stairs because I want to get some exercise before I reach my office. For me, every chance that I could improve my aerobic capacity is welcome by me.

A lot people don't view walking is an exercise, but I love it. I love my car, but if the destination is close enough, I would love to walk it.

Of course, I prefer my exercise to be done outside. A walk in park beats a walk on the treadmill. A bike ride in the rain beats a ride on the exercise bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home