Monday, October 23, 2006

Big City Boy

I will never deny the fact that I am a big city boy. I was born in Hong Kong and grew up there and Los Angeles. I love what the city has to offer. I love all the convenience. I love the variety of food that the city has to offer. I love Sushi, Curry, Chinese roast duck, and Korean BBQ. I love the different flavours of gelato. I love my Blackberry.

But.

I hate the big city traffic. I hate people walking around with their blue tooth headsets. I hate idiot drivers. I hate crowded places. I hate criminals.

Then again.

When I travel, I don't want to go to another big city. I want to go where I can relax. I want to go where I can sip my morning coffee in peace. I want to enjoy the silence and a world without any demand. I want to go where the air doesn't smell like exhaust. I want to go where I can bring my bike along. I want to go on a long ride without seeing another soul. I don't want to see wannabe trucks.

And Yes.

I am a Big City Boy. There is no denying of it.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger pilgrimchick said...

I can only imagine that your perception of a "big city" must be rather different than those of others given that LA is quite an example to start from. I think the LA area is as big as my home state.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home