Monday, October 04, 2010

Weekend at the races

I did 2 cyclocross races this past weekends and I had so much fun in doing it. I can't wait to get to the start line again.

The Saturday race was a little tough as I had a pretty bad start. One rider was very aggressive and he almost caused me to crash into another rider. I couldn't do anything but to slow down and let him pass. I lost a few places and I had to work myself back into the group.

I had trouble with the sand pit. I couldn't ride pass it and I ended up running at all time. Although I did make up a few places from one strech, but I still lost lots of time.

I had no issue with other problem and I know that I am a strong climbers and I demonstrated well at the the various small climbs through out the course. some of the climbs require pure power and technique to ride up, but I didn't have much problem. I just shift down and power through them The grassy field didn't provide a lot of traction and I had to find them and being finesse with the bike.

It was my first race of the season and it took me a few laps to warm up to the competition. I was suffering for the first 2 laps. The third lap was worse. I just wanted it to be done. I found my motivation again at the 4th lap. I ran stronger and was able to do a sprint finish with another rider. I out sprinted the rider at the finish line. it was good fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home