Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Considering to sell my motorbike

I got my motorbike last September. It was my first bike and I always wanted a motorbike since I was a teenager. However, parents, money and partners had served as barrier to enter the sport. I waited for the right moment and it was last fall. I got the bike.

I got my learner and took the training course in October. I bought gear and rode the bike in the winter. It was cold but it was still fun. I practice and I rode a lot in the rain, cold, and foul weather I didn't care. I want my full license. I want to carry passenger and to be able to ride at night.

On the morning of May 1st, I rode my bike to the test centre and I left with a full license. The test was okay and I was able to relax. It was a great moment to know that because I have become a night rider.

I have put over 2,500 miles in the last 9 months and I even did the oil change myself.

I am thinking about selling her for the last few weeks. I still enjoy riding, but I have too much to do and motorcycling doesn't fit in my schedule anymore. I was going to commute on the bike, but I honestly don't enjoy it. I still have a hard time relaxing while I am on the bike, I can't. I worry too much. I worry about accident, and getting a ticket.

I also don't enjoy riding on the highway. Once I hit 70mph, the wind annoys me. I can't stand the wind at all. I don't enjoy it. I feel like I would be blown off the bike. The bike drifts and it makes me nervous. I much rather riding in the city. I don't really care much about hitting the higher speed. I jut want to ride and cruise.

I also don't like riding in the hot weather. I am too chicken to ride without a jacket and other protective gear. I rather ride when the temperature is in the high teens and low 20's. I feel hot when the temperature reaches about 25 degrees.

I also feel alone on a motorbike, specially when I go home at night. When I am on Barnett Highway and I am the lone motorist on the highway, I feel weird. I want to have people around me. I don't like the lonely feeling.

I need the money as well. Even I am not riding her, I still have to pay the insurance. I just don't rider her enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home