Sunday, December 04, 2005

2 bikes in my life

There are two mountain bikes that I want to get, and they are not new models. They are models from the past.

When I first got into mountain biking, Yeti Cycle was all the rage. They produced some of the finest machines in the mountain biking world. The ir frames were unbeatable and were highly rated by the magazine editors. Yeti Cycle would have the best racers and the cool sport figures would do edorsement for them. Motorcross racer Johnny O'Mara and ChampCar Champion Paul Tracy used to be on their ads. When the world of mountain biking started to get intofull suspension, Yeti even teamed up with Penske to develope rear suspension and front suspenion fork.

There is one incident that seperated Yeti Cycle and the rest of the Mountain Bike Company. John Tomac was signed to the 7-11 road team and was to race in Europe. But he didn't have a mountain bike contract. But the owner of Yeti, John Parker, liked John T. For that year, Johnny T raced for Yeti with t just a handshake agreement between the Johnnys.

Til this day, I still want to get my hand on one of those Hardtails and also to start a collection of the Vintage Yetis as well.

Another bike that I need to have in my bike collection is a Kona Hei Hei. This bike will forever has a special place in my life. I have named my son after this bike. his middle name is Mon Hei. The Kona Hei Hei is a top of the line Titanium bike and was retailed for over $4000. I specialy interested in getting the 99' model because Mon Hei was born in 1999.

I have no idea why I have yet to have these bikes in my garage. I have bought and sold a few bikes in the past, but never thought that I would just get one of these beautys. Instead of Quality, I went after quantity. I guess, things will be changing in the next few years. I intend to get me both bikes. I shall not buy any other bikes, until, I have located both bikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home