Friday, May 14, 2021

Non-Technical dirt riding

I think I have been a gravel rider in disguise for many years.  I started mountain bike in southern California and rode lots of fire roads and single tracks.  It was the early 90's and the bikes in that era can only handle so much technical riding. I was a XC racer and never cared much about downhill part of the sport.  I just want to ride and stay fit.

I rode full suspension for a few years and rode trails in the North Shore mountains and Whistler, but it soon got boring.  Then I was riding more on the road and eventually got into cyclocross racing.  In some of those years, I didn't have a mountain bike.  I only have a road bike and a cross bike.  off roading was limited to only the gravel roads/

As I got more serious about cyclocross racing, I took my cross bike to more dirt paths and I enjoyed it.  With the popularity of gravel riding, I feel at home.  riding drop bar on dirt is what I like. 


#gravel #gravelrider #gravelbike #mountainbike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home