Sunday, April 25, 2021

Discord Chromo Creemee

 There are 3 components that I need to talk about the evolution of Mrs. Batty Cee and I want to talk about the Discord Chromo Creemee Stem first.

I read about the stem on various websites and also heard the designer talked about the stem before I made the purchase.  At the time, the XCalibur still has the Rockshox with the 51 offset and this stem could potentially give me the position that I was looking for.

This Stem isn't cheap but I decide to go for it.  After making the purchase, the stem arrived to my home in Canada in 2 weeks.

After the installation, and rode the bike around the block with the On One Midge, and it seems to be okay. From around the block, I took the bike out for a longer loop, and It was okay.  But I quickly realised the top position isn't very usable as the bike felt twitchy.  But one of pioneers of off road drop bar told me that I should be riding on the drops, not the top of the bar or hood. I continued my experiment with this set up.

I took the bike up for a couple of longer rides and trying to get used to a drop only position.  It wasn't easy for me as I spend most of the time on the hood or on the top when I am on road bike.  Not able to switch position kinda defeat the purpose of using a drop bar.

After a month of riding, I decide to retire the stem after a crash. The stem didn't cause it but I wanted a more neutral position.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home