Sunday, May 02, 2021

The Evolution of Mrs. Batty Cee ( What is it?)


Because of the drop bar and rigid fork, lots of people think she is a cyclocross or a gravel bike.  

It's true that I thought about getting some gravel tires for her, but I still prefer mountain bike tires.  That's because Mrs. Batty Cee is a mountain  bike with drop bar.   She will always be a mountain bike. She is a homage to the golden days of mountain bike of the 90's.  She is an All Terrain Bicycle.  All Terrain Bicycle is a throw back and that's what these bikes were called in the late 80's..  since I will be riding this bike on road and dirt, I am going to call her ATB

It's true that she isn't going to handle the gnarly trails but she handles old school mountain bike trails very well.  I have fun riding it and I love the position.  I can go for a 3+ hours ride and not have any comfort concerns. 

The gearing is 1x9 and is geared for the lower end.  It doesn't have a high gear but riding on dirt never demands high gearing like my road bike.  A fast enough gear is good enough for me.  She may be slow but I will be doing  Ride for Water with her.  It's because my single speed cross bike isn't the best bike for riding that.  However, I may attempt it with a single speed in the future.  

She is also longer than my cross bike and I think that smooth out a lot of bump for me.

Many people will think the lack of a suspension fork, the bike will not preform as well.  It's true, but I am not a good descender. .Suspended or not, I am still slow.



 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home