Saturday, January 01, 2011

Polar Swim

Happy New Year.

I had a great new year's eve. I had a good dinner with family followed by a mini celebration at a friend's place. It was a rather quiet evening, but I loved it. Crowded celebration no longer interest me. Time spend with good friends made better memories.

I woke up this morning and I had no hang over. I was just tired. I cleaned a little bit before heading out for the polar swim. The polar swim was at a boat launch near my home and it is a small even put out by the city. When I got the site, I was glad that I wore my wet suit. The water was literally freezing cold. I was told that the city needed to break the ice in order to have the event started. The inlet was covered with a thin layer of ice. I have seen that before, but I never thought that I would be diving in the water.

The swim started at 1 and the organisers urged people to walk into the water as the road was slippery. I walked in and the water cold. I couldn't feel my leg because of the cold weather. I walked in and walked out. Soon, I was used to the water temperature and I went back into the water. I did that for a few times and IT was still cold. but I was able to swim a little in the water. The wet suit did its job to protect my upper body. Only my legs was feeling the cold. I had to walk a little to regain my feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home