Saturday, June 07, 2008

It is about freaking time - agent for foreign skilled workers

I got a job offer from an International Employment Agency and I gladly accepted it. I will be working in Downtown and I don't need to wear a tie.

It had been almost 9 months since I last worked and my unemployment insurance is running out later this month. It will be refreshing for me to tackle the labour market from a different angle. It will be different as I am marketing a group of people that I have never met before. The employers had to trust us and hire these people sight unseen. I am not nervous a it is a number game. I am sure that there are plenty of employers will have no problem with them.

I am excited and I am already thinking about ways to these skilled workers from abroad. I just need to remind the employers that they are looking for a better way of life. The commitment of leaving their home country is huge and they are serious. Unlike most workers in Canada, they are looking for long term employment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home