Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wearing of the kilt

I am pissed up because of a friend of mine's action. He likes to promote his things, but he doesn't realise that he is not doing it the right way.

Every first Thursday of the month, I go to an Irish Pub for Kilts night and the pub will buy a kilt wearer the first pint of Guinness. This friend, who runs a sport team, will bring a stack of kilts and lend them the team members. He is doing it get free pints for the team member and to promote his sports team. With every stranger he meets, he will stress that some team members wear kilts during the competition. This pisses me off. It is because he is using the monthly kilts night to recruit for his team and to entertain his entourage.

Aside from a few team members, most don't give a rat ass about the kilt, but they will gladly to wear the kilt for a free pint of Guinness. Of course, these people wear the kilt in a horrid fashion as most of them don't have a clue on how to wear them. Most of them will simply wear them over their pants. I am not trying to pull a Stacy and Clinton, but I don't think it is acceptable to do it as it cheapen the kilt. There are times, they will wear their kilts inside out. I have seen it too many times and I don't care to correct them any more. I am sick and tired of it.

Wearing the kilt over pants should not be allowed in any context.

Of course, they will run around the pub looking like idiots. For me, they don't wear the kilt for real and they are doing it for all the wrong reasons. The kilt is more than just a piece of clothing as it symbolise a race of people. To wear the kilt in clownish ways is not right. I can't look at that anymore. If I express my opinion way, I will alienate lots of people I know.

These people won't even venture out to a different pub for kilts night or go to a pub that doesn't offer them free beers. I just can't call these people kilt wearers and they are worse than wannabes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home