Monday, September 10, 2007

The Season opener

I raced the First cyclocross race of the season yesterday and it was also my first race in 3 season. I was busy with various family obligations. It was a relatively easy race, but it wasn't for me. I had lots of troubles with tire installation on Saturday. I elected to use a skinner tires. However, I had troubles in putting the tube between the tire and the rim. I had no problem installing the rear tube, but I kept flatting the front tube. I went through more than a few tubes. I finally managed to install a tube without any trouble.

The skinnier tired caused me another set of problems during the race. I misjudged the terrain of the race course. The tires didn't provide me lots of traction. I had a hard time keeping the bike on a straight line. I couldn't do it. When I was at the stream, I lost traction and I went for a swim. I was fast on the hard pact, dirt and road. But I lost a lot of time because of the stream crossing and the loose rock sections.

Still, i had lots of fun. I want to get back to the life style of a racer, and I am using this season opener as a reminder of my past. I am going to focus myself in the scene in the next 2 months.

I am a bike racer and I love it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home