Saturday, September 01, 2007

A week until race day

Although I have not been training hard, but I am still going to do the cyclocross race in Fort Langley next week. I have not been racing because of my son's schedule. I have the chance now and I also want to see how off the back I am. I am going to have fun and try not to kill myself at the same time.

I really enjoy the racing aspect of it. I love the thrill when I line up at the starting line with fellow racers. Cyclocross racers are no walk in the park. Every racer go flat out for 45 minutes. Aside from riding, we have to dismount from our bikes quickly and run up steep hill. It is about the racer and the elements. It is an event that combine riding and running with the bike on the shoulder.

Of course, the monthly Vancouver kilts night is 2 days before the race. I will have to behave myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home