Monday, May 07, 2018

The month of April

Soon after I ordered the bike, Shit happened.  When I was out with my dragon boat team, I managed to hurt my fingers.  The injury was pretty bad as my 2 of fingers required stitched to sew up the cut.  There were a total of 8 stitches.  Not only I wasn't able to be out with the team, I was sidelined for a few weeks from my bike as well.

The stitches were removed after 10 days, but I still had to make sure the wounds were to going to split. I had to stare at my cross bike for a few more days before I can take Paige out for a ride.

The maiden voyage with Paige was only a shakedown down.  I headed down the Poco Trails to test the bike and tried out the fit.  Of course, we all know that the factory fit was not the ideal setting.  I played around with the saddle height and the saddle position.  I rode the flat gravel trails and the bike was an instant hit. 

The Aluminium frame was fitted with a carbon fork and only 1 gear.  After the ride, I wished the stem was shorter and a higher rise.  That was a easy fix as I had one that fit the description in the part draw.  The long and low Norco OEM stem were off and Paige was fitted with a 60mm Bontrager Stem.  It changed the ride. On my second ride with Paige, I was able to use all of the hand positions.  I even spend lots of time on the drop.

I took Paige out for a few more times, because she is the newest member to the stable and I was also too lazy to put my road bike back together.  So far, Paige and I had logged more than 300km already.  At the same time, my mountain bike was completely ignored.  Big Wheel Battie was just resting in the stable since March 11th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home