Sunday, January 25, 2015



This is my 2009 Cannondale F4 and it took me 5 years to like this bike.  I always felt the fit was weird and that I was never able to fine a riding position that I like.  I always felt the cockpit was not long enough and it was way to high.  I have tried to use a longer stem with a flat handlebar, but it still didn't feel right.  I had given up on the bike and tried to sell it.   However people in Vancouver don't like and care much for cross country bikes at all.  the bike was on Craigslist and I only got a few email about her. 

 I was just going to use the bike as a winter bike because of the disc brakes and that I don't really care much about this bike.  Before the On One Midge, I tried the Salsa Woodchipper.  It kinda worked, but no cigar.  The bar felt so  big.

2 months ago, I found an On One Midge.  Once it was on the bike, I had a good feeling about it.  the position was right and I don't feel too crank or that it was too big.  I set it up over the winter holiday and started to spend time with the bike.  After a few weeks of testing and running different component.  I finally got her figured out.  She has a 30t chain ring in the front and mated with a 11-34 cassette.  I have no problem going up hills with this gearing.
The Handle bar was great going down the hill as well.  I am able to move over the rear tire.  Just because the  bar isn't a 740 mm riser bar, that doesn't mean I can't go down single tracks at Burnaby Mountain.

1 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Anonymous obak kando said...

wah..!! what a super bike.. Very interesting post and really thanks to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home