Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Short sighted

 How would you feel when you felt accomplished when completing an urgent task for your department and then was told that they have moved on to something else.  

That's how I felt last week.

I was tasked to connect with an organisation to set up a meeting to start a conversation on partnering with them to set up a partnership.  It took me a couple of weeks and five touch points to set up this meeting.  It wasn't difficult by any means but it took us 3 weeks to get a meeting  with the decision maker.  I thought the Hiring Manager would be thrilled to have that meeting.  But I was wrong.

They told me that they can no longer help the company with the immediate needs and they don't need to meet with them right now.

Wow.  Okay.   What a short sighted comment.  

The management just quickly dismissed the benefits on meeting with that organisation that week.  They may not be able to help us with we needed for that day, but attending a meeting that week will benefit them for the future.  

I didn't know whether the management met with the organisation on that day.  I hope they do. I was let go before the scheduled meeting. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home