Saturday, April 12, 2008

Great ride today

I woke up early this morning because I needed to catch the bus for Vancouver at 8:30am. The bus ride was great and I listened to some tunes while I read a newspaper. After one transfer, I arrived at my friend's place. I have been keeping my bike there because I had no where to store her.

I fired up the bike and let her warm up to the operating temperature for a few minuets. I haven't ridden her since the freaky snow storm that I encountered in Downtown Vancouver two weeks ago. The weather was very much different today. I got dressed in full gear and I headed to the gas station to fill her up.

I met up with a friend afterward and we went out for a ride together. We rode about 100 miles together as he needed to burn off the old fuel in his tank. I didn't think I would be tired. But my legs stiffed up because of the constant braking and shifting. I didn't think motorcycling would be this tired. We rode to the look out on Cypress Mountain after flying on the freeway. It was fun and we were riding around 70mph at times.

Going up the twisty was fun as well. I have more confident on my bike now and I learn a lot more about my gearing. I have a better understand on my powerband and what gear to be it while drifting in and out the corner. I take the corner with confident because I understand my bike and the warm weather made the tire stickier. It was fun and good.

We headed to the Lonsdale Quey for food before we headed home.

It was a good experience and I am looking forward to another ride next week!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home